Creamy Corn Soup:
makes 6-8 servings
- 6 cups corn – fresh or frozen
- 2 cups finely cut carrots
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and cut into small cubes – 2 cups
- 4 cloves finely minced garlic
- 5-6 cups vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp cream cheese or goat cheese
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chives
- In a pot heat 2 tbsp olive oil and sauté garlic until tender – a few seconds. Add corn, carrots, potatoes, salt and pepper and 2 cups water. Cook covered for 15-20 minutes until all the vegetables are tender.
- Add vegetable broth and cook for additional 5 minutes. Take off the stove and blend soup until creamy. Place the soup back on the stove and add cream cheese, milk, and chives and heat through 3-5 minutes. Corn soup is ready.
- Serve garnished with extra black pepper and chives.