This light and delicious pasta is packed with good for you veggies like asparagus, kale, zucchini and leeks and is the perfect healthy lunch or light dinner.
With a touch of garlic and black pepper and topped with Parmesan cheese, this simple pasta tastes outstanding, and even takes care of the veggie quota for the evening.
Rigatoni with Asparagus Leeks Zucchini and Kale
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta cooked according to package directions.
- 2 zucchinis cut into small chunks
- 2 leeks finely cut white and light green parts
- 2-3 cups asparagus tips. Save the remainder of the asparagus to make soup
- 4 cups finely cut kale
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- Salt and pepper
- Red chili flakes (optional)
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 4-6 fresh basil leaves finely cut
- In a large pot warm 3 tbsp olive oil. Sauté leeks and garlic and chili flakes (if using) until leeks are soft. Next add zucchini, asparagus, salt and pepper and toss together. Cook veggies for 5 minutes until they are tender.
- Next add the cut kale and mix-in. Let it wilt with the veggies for a couple of minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta and toss together.
- Add finely cut basil leaves and 1/2-cup Parmesan cheese and toss together. Pasta is ready.
- Serve warm with garnish of extra Parmesan cheese.