Cauliflower Curry with Peas, Potatoes and Peppers
- 1 large cauliflower cut into large florets
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 inch ginger shredded
- 2 medium tomatoes finely cut
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 large green bell pepper cut into chunks
- 4 Yukon gold potatoes cut into chunks
- 1 small bunch fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp asafetida powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp paprika or chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- In a pot heat 2-3 tbsp oil. To the oil add 1 tsp cumin seeds and toast lightly. Now add onions, garlic and ginger. Cook until onions are tender and translucent. Next add the spices – asafetida powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric, and paprika and fry in the onion oil for a couple of seconds.
- Add cauliflower, frozen peas, peppers, potatoes, tomatoes, and salt to taste. Mix everything together. Cover the pot and cook the vegetables for 10 minutes until they are tender.
- Lastly add 1 tsp garlic powder and juice of 1 lemon and gently stir into the vegetables. Cauliflower curry is ready.
- Top with cilantro and serve hot with chapati, tortillas or pita bread.