Roasted butternut squash with an exotic spice rub elevates a sweet squash into something delectable. If you like roasted butternut squash and the wonderful flavor of spices, I promise this spicy roasted butternut squash will knock your socks off. My friend Shalini brought this variation of roasted butternut squash for a dinner gathering and I can honestly say the platter was wiped clean by all 😋. Everyone loved it!
Spicy Roasted Butternut Squash
recipe contributed by Shalini
- 1 lb butternut squash cut into small chunks
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder or paprika (optional)
- 1 avocado
- 1 lemon
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl place the butternut squash and sprinkle all the spices and salt and toss together. Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil and using your hands incorporate the oil to coat the butternut squash.
- Spread the squash onto a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 30 – 40 minutes until the squash is tender. Tossing around at the half way mark.
- Transfer roasted squash onto a platter.
- Cut 1 avocado into wedges and place around the squash. Drizzle avocado with lemon juice and sprinkle salt and pepper. Serve right away.