Roasted butternut squash with an exotic spice rub elevates a sweet squash into something delectable. If you like roasted butternut squash and the wonderful flavor of spices, I promise this spicy roasted butternut squash will knock your socks off. My friend Shalini brought this variation of roasted butternut squash for a dinner gathering and I can honestly say the platter was wiped clean by all 😋. Everyone loved it!
A fabulous roasted veggie dish that is as easy as it gets. Just toss cut squash with spices such as coriander, cumin and paprika, add olive oil and salt and roast! How easy is that? And the best part is that this variation of roasted squash tastes delectable 😋. For a more exotic roasted butternut squash side dish, give this recipe a try!
Spicy Roasted Butternut Squash
recipe contributed by Shalini
- 1 lb butternut squash cut into small chunks
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder or paprika (optional)
- 1 avocado
- 1 lemon
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl place the butternut squash and sprinkle all the spices and salt and toss together. Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil and using your hands incorporate the oil to coat the butternut squash.
- Spread the squash onto a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 30 – 40 minutes until the squash is tender. Tossing around at the half way mark.
- Transfer roasted squash onto a platter.
- Cut 1 avocado into wedges and place around the squash. Drizzle avocado with lemon juice and sprinkle salt and pepper. Serve right away.