Here is an easy recipe for dark chocolate flavored with candied ginger and orange peel.
About the recipe
The flavors of orange and ginger are so good together in this ginger vanilla orange pound cake that I figured this flavor combination would taste awesome in dark chocolate as well.
Then to add some fall color I sprinkled chrysanthemum petals which really transformed the chocolates into something beautiful. Try it!
Orange Ginger Dark Chocolate Drops
- 1 lb dark chocolate any variety. Chopped into small pieces.
- 1 tsp fresh grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup soft candied ginger finely chopped
- 1/4 cup candied orange peel finely chopped
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Chop the chocolate bar into small pieces. Place in a glass bowl and melt chocolate in a water bath until the chocolate is melted through and creamy.
- Add candied orange peel and candied ginger pieces and mix into the chocolate.
- Next using a tablespoon place dollops of chocolate in a circle shape on parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the chocolate with chrysanthemum petals. Gently press the petals down so they stick to the chocolate.
- Place chocolate in refrigerator for 30 minutes for the chocolate to harden.
- After 30 minutes chocolate drops are ready. Place in a bowl to serve.
6 thoughts on “Orange Ginger Dark Chocolate Drops with Chrysanthemum Petals”
Beautiful! only you can think of these combinations.
😀 Thanks Basanthi! You are always so sweet 😘
Thank you 🙏
Almost too pretty to eat…almost.