Here is an easy recipe for dark chocolate flavored with candied ginger and orange peel. The flavors of orange and ginger are so good together in a ginger vanilla orange pound cake that I figured this flavor combination would taste awesome in dark chocolate as well. It’s delicious 😋. Then to add some fall color I sprinkled chrysanthemum petals which really transformed the chocolates into something beautiful. Try it!
Orange Ginger Dark Chocolate Drops
- 1 lb dark chocolate any variety. Chopped into small pieces.
- 1 tsp fresh grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup soft candied ginger finely chopped
- 1/4 cup candied orange peel finely chopped
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Chop the chocolate bar into small pieces. Place in a glass bowl and melt chocolate in a water bath until the chocolate is melted through and creamy.
- Add candied orange peel and candied ginger pieces and mix into the chocolate.
- Next using a tablespoon place dollops of chocolate in a circle shape on parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the chocolate with chrysanthemum petals. Gently press the petals down so they stick to the chocolate.
- Place chocolate in refrigerator for 30 minutes for the chocolate to harden.
- After 30 minutes chocolate drops are ready. Place in a bowl to serve.