When I think of the Mediterranean, images of warm sunshine, blue waters, lemon trees, olive groves, artichokes, and fresh veggies come to mind. This pasta has all the ingredients that conjure up images of the Mediterranean – lemons, briny olives, sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes, and lots of fresh asparagus. Packed with good for you veggies and loaded with fresh tangy flavor this is an awesome pasta to whip up in just minutes.
- 1 lb linguini pasta
- 1 lb asparagus cut into medium sized pieces
- 1/2 cup briny olives like kalamata olives.
- 1 to 2 cups marinated artichokes cut into small pieces or as much as you want
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes finely cut
- 6-8 garlic cloves finely minced
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 Moroccan preserved lemon (optional). I made preserved lemons at home and used that.
- Lemon zest from 1 lemon and juice of 1 lemon
- Make the pasta according to package directions.
- In a large pot heat 2 tbsp olive oil. Add garlic and sauté until garlic aroma is released about 10-seconds. Next add the asparagus and cook asparagus for 5 minutes until they become tender. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, marinated artichokes, olives, lemon zest, black pepper, and salt to taste. Mix all the veggies together and cook for a couple more minutes. Turn the stove off.
- Add the cooked pasta to the veggie mix. Add lemon juice and toss together. Pasta is ready.
- Serve pasta with Parmesan cheese or crumbled feta if you like but not needed.