The name says it all, it has cream, honey, saffron, vanilla and soft candied ginger pieces. Pure wholesome ingredients in an exotic ice cream flavor, You HAVE to give this ice cream flavor a try!!
The back story
I know! This combination of flavors sounds amazing doesn’t it? Ginger Honey Saffron ice cream is a flavor that my daughter Anjali gave me the idea for when she sent me a text with a photo of this ice cream she was having at a new ice cream parlor here in Los Gatos called Glazier Rolls.
“You will love it Mom! They add saffron milk to the ice cream and then combine it with candied ginger pieces and honey and then top it with more ginger candy and drizzle of honey!”
I asked Anjali how did it taste? To which she answered,
“It was really good! You should try and make it at home.”
Saffron and ginger a delicious combo
I don’t know why I never thought of combining saffron and ginger together before? Well, my first foray into this flavor combination is this ice cream. How did it turn out? Positively delicious!! The family cleaned out the entire batch of ice cream in one sitting!
Ginger Saffron Ice Cream
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tbsp warm milk
- 1 tsp saffron
- 2 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 cup soft candied ginger finely chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Warm the milk with the saffron in the microwave for 20 seconds. Let the saffron soak for a few minutes to infuse the milk with the saffron flavor and color.
- In another bowl whisk together cream, vanilla, and honey. Add the saffron milk and fresh ginger and mix-in.
- Pour the cream into the ice cream machine. It takes a few minutes for the ice cream to start thickening.
- While the cream is churning, wait till cream slightly thickens then add the candied ginger pieces.
- Continue churning until the ice cream is thick and creamy.
- Transfer to a container and freeze.
- Serve ginger honey saffron ice cream with drizzle of honey and pieces of soft candied ginger and saffron threads.