This is my go-to recipe when I want to make a quick quesadilla. Every time I’ve served this simple quesadilla to family and guests I’ve always received a “Wow, this is delicious” reaction. I’ve made fancy variations of this recipe by adding sautéed mushrooms and roasted veggies and other condiments, I’ve even added fresh chopped tomatoes, but honestly, I don’t get that unanimous “Wow” reaction that I get when I make my original simple quesadilla. What makes it so good is the minimal amount of ingredients in it. Here is the recipe.
Makes 3 large quesadilla sandwiches
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 1 medium red onion finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 bunch of cilantro finely chopped (1 cup)
- 2 cups shredded cheese. Any combination of cheddar cheese, gouda, or Swiss cheese
- Cajun spice blend OR make your own blend of salt, paprika and garlic powder
- In a bowl mix chopped onions, cilantro, and shredded cheese to make the quesadilla filling.
- Warm a pan and drizzle oil. Place one tortilla on the pan. Evenly spread quesadilla filling over the tortilla and sprinkle Cajun spice. Place the other tortilla on top and rub oil on the outside of 2nd tortilla.
- Cook quesadilla on both sides until golden brown, crisp, and cheese is melted.
- Cut into quarters and serve warm with sour cream, salsa or hot sauce. Serve these quesadillas with a big bowl of vegetarian chilli and you have a perfect evening dinner.