This salad is inspired by my garden, in an effort to use up my garden Anna apples in a savory dish, I decided to make a salad with apples and sugar snap peas.
With a fruity vinaigrette and a dash of feta or goat cheese this is a delicious salad that tastes sweet, savory, and crunchy. It is also the perfect salad to make ahead.
Sugar Snap Peas and Green Apple Salad
makes 4-6 servings
- 4 cups sugar snap peas thinly cut
- 3 green apples thinly cut
- 6-8 cups salad greens
- 2-4 tbsp goat cheese or feta cheese (optional)
- 2 tbsp chopped roasted pistachios (optional)
- Any fruity sweet vinaigrette of your choice. I used Apricot Vinaigrette. You can also try Honey Vinaigrette or Grapefruit Vinaigrette.
Make dressing and set aside
In a large bowl place the sugar snap peas and cut apples. Add 4-6 tbsp dressing and toss together.
Top with goat cheese and set aside to marinate for 15 minutes. If you want to serve it later, leave in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Right before you serve salad, toss the salad with greens.
Top with crushed pistachios. Salad is ready.
This salad goes wonderfully paired with a chilled white wine.
Bon Appétit 🍷🍏