I made this artichoke jalapeño cream cheese sandwich for lunch more times than I can count when my eldest daughter Sri was in high school.
Once Sri went off to college I stopped making these sandwiches completely, there was no need. Then recently while shopping at Costco I came across a tub of the same artichoke jalapeño spread I used to use in those sandwiches – which was LaTerraFina chunky artichoke and jalapeño dip, and I got a craving for those cream cheese sandwiches! I picked up a tub and all the necessary ingredients for that nostalgic sandwich and made it for lunch recently, and they tasted just as delicious as I remember 😋.
One of the main reasons I like LaTerraFina artichoke jalapeño spread is because the ingredients in this spread are straightforward – it has cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, artichokes, mayo, onions, jalapeño, garlic, sea salt, dill, sugar, and vinegar. This makes the spread very flavorful and chunky, which gives the sandwich a good heft. Don’t let the jalapeño in this dip turn you off; they are very mild. If you cannot find this brand of spread, you can substitute any herbed cream cheese of your choice in these cream cheese sandwiches. Here is a recipe for a delicious and healthy sandwich packed with good you veggies and flavorful cream cheese.
Artichoke Jalapeño Cream Cheese Sandwich:
- 1 tub of LaTerraFina Artichoke & Jalapeño Dip & Spread Or any other herbed cream cheeese of your liking.
- 2 slices of whole wheat or whole grain bread. (I’ve made this sandwich with sourdough and white bread, but whole wheat bread or whole grain farm bread tastes the best in this sandwich.)
- 1 tomato thinly sliced
- Small red onion thinly sliced
- Lettuce of your choice. I like to use leafy lettuce
- Black pepper
- Spread the artichoke dip on two slices of whole wheat bread.
- Place the onions and sprinkle black pepper.
- Top with tomatoes and lettuce.
- Cover with the second slice of bread.
- Cut in half and serve.