A decadent ice cream with juicy sweet summertime blackberries and good quality deep dark fragrant port. The fragrance of port is especially wonderful in this fruity ice cream.
Blackberry Port Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream or what grocery stores sometimes call heavy whipping cream.
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup honey depending on your sweetness level.
- 1/4 cup port or 3 to 4oz port. You can adjust this amount down to your preference. I used a good amount of port as I like the fragrance and flavor of port.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp blackberry jam. I used one that my friend Georgina had made and given me a while back which was a nice thick consistency.
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries crushed by hand and reserved with their juices.
- In a mixing bowl whip together cream, vanilla, honey, jam, and port. After the ingredients are nicely blended together, add the crushed blackberries and mix-in.
- Pour the blackberry cream mixture into the ice cream machine. Once the ice cream is a thick consistency transfer to a container to freeze.
- Serve blackberry port ice cream with garnish of fresh blackberries.
4 thoughts on “Blackberry Port Ice Cream”
looks lip smacking 🙂
Thank you 😊