Looking for an easy appetizer to make this holiday season? Then these baguettes with caramelized onions are the ones to try! First off, what’s not to like with caramelized onions? Caramelized onions make anything taste outstanding!
Spread tangy creamy goat cheese on baguette and top with delicious caramelized onions, then bake. The end result is a crunchy toast with creamy goat cheese and the wonderful aroma of caramelized onions.
We made these for a family gathering a while back and as you can see both adults and kids were cleaning them out!
For a sure fire party pleaser, give these toasted baguettes with caramelized onions a try!
Toasted Baguette with Goat Cheese and Caramelized Onions
makes 25 small baguette slices
- 1 loaf baguette cut into slices
- 1 log of goat cheese
- 2 large onions about 4 cups sliced onions
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter one side of the baguette slices and place them butter side down on a baking sheet. Spread goat cheese on each of the slice.
- In a pan warm 2-3 tbsp olive oil. Add the sliced onions and cook until the onions are browned and tender about 7-10 minutes. Add salt and pepper and mix-in.
- Top each baguette with a generous amount of caramelized onion mixture.
- Sprinkle with extra black pepper. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes until the bottom of the baguette is browned and crunchy.
- Serve warm.