Oh its hot outside! This week started off on a warmer note with temps in the 90s! I can’t drink enough water and don’t really feel like doing anything except just lazing around. On a lazy week like this one I asked one of my twins if she would replicate her mocktail she made last Sunday for Father’s Day. It’s refreshing with lots of berries, sweetened with honey 😃🐝🍯, tangy and fizzy from the fermented kambucha. It also has a herby flavor boost with the addition of fresh mint. However rather than just muddle the mint it is blended into a pulp along with the blueberries so you get fresh minty flavor all throughout the drink. Give it a try!
Blueberry Smash Kambucha
makes 4-5 mocktails
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 3-4 tbsp honey depending on how sweet you want your drink
- 4 mint leaves
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 16oz bottle of kambucha – any flavor. We prefer the berry flavor or pineapple flavor.
- In a blender add the mint, blueberries and honey. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the blueberry mixture into a pitcher. Add the bottle of kambucha and stir to combine.
- Pour into glasses with ice. Garnish with mint leaves and fresh blueberries before serving.
Happy Summer 🌞!