Zucchini Eggplant Stir Fry Curry
- 1 large Japanese eggplant or 2 medium sized Japanese eggplants cut into small chunks
- 2-3 medium sized zucchini cut into small chunks
- 4 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 medium onion finely cut
- 1 tbsp finely minced ginger
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (optional)
- 1 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Cilantro for garnish
- In a large pot heat 2 tbsp oil. Add the cumin seeds and toast in oil for a few seconds until the seeds turn brown and release their aroma. Next add the onions, ginger and garlic and cook until the onions become tender. Add the zucchini and eggplant and salt to taste. Cover the pot and cook vegetables until they become tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Next add all the spices and mix them into the vegetables. Toss all ingredients together, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Turn the stove off. Add juice of 1 lemon and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve zucchini eggplant curry as a side dish or with chapatis or rice.