Creamy, tangy, sweet and crunchy this little appetizer tastes surprisingly gourmet.
About the recipe
Rani is our resident foodie. She loves gourmet foods, and has an adventurous palate. Her favorite thing to do on weekends is to make fun creative appetizers. Out of this need for something gourmet, came this amazing little goat cheese appetizer.
Creamy, fresh, tangy Goat cheese
Rani’s favorite cheese is goat cheese. She likes goat cheese in anything from crackers, to omelets, and even baked dishes like tarts. When I had friends over for a holiday tea last year, I asked Rani to come up with a fun appetizer for us and this is the one she made.
It’s a cracker topped with tangy goat cheese, thinly sliced apple, all drizzled with honey and sprinkle of salt and pepper. Here is the recipe for Rani’s goat cheese, apple and honey on cracker.
Rani’s Goat Cheese, Apple and Honey on Cracker:
- Crackers – Rani used Rosemary crackers
- Soft goat cheese
- Honey – we used honeycomb but your can also use honey
- Apple thinly sliced or cucumber thinly sliced. You can use either. Rani prefers this recipe with cucumbers but I didn’t have any that day so she used apple’s instead. This recipe will even work with crunchy pears.
- Salt and pepper
- Spread goat cheese on each cracker.
- Place a slice of apple or cucumber on top.
- Drizzle honey on top of apple.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.