What an easy appetizer these stuffed mushrooms are to make! Super delicious and appetizing to look at, creamy and cheesy in a meaty mushroom, these stuffed mushrooms will be gone in mere seconds!
About the recipe
I got this quick and no fuss recipe from my friend Shalini when I stopped by her place for tea earlier this week when she casually mentioned that she had made stuffed mushrooms for Thanksgiving. The photos she shared looked amazing and the recipe the easiest. I just happened to have all the ingredients at hand and promptly made them right away for a week night appetizer indulgence. These mushrooms tasted as good as they looked in those pictures Shalini sent me.
All you do is take off the mushroom stalks, sauté them with garlic, salt and pepper and paprika. Combine them with cream cheese and Parmesan, then stuff them in the mushroom caps. Bake for 20 minutes and you have the most delicious stuffed mushrooms with minimal effort. That’s it! Here is a wondeful recipe for stuffed mushrooms courtesy of my friend Shalini.
Stuffed Mushrooms with Cream Cheese and Garlic
recipe contrubuted by Shalini
makes 25 medium sized stuffed mushrooms
- 1 lb medium to large white button mushrooms – about 25 mushrooms
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese left outside for a few minutes to soften
- 4 garlic cloves finely minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp thyme
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove the stalks from the mushrooms and finely chop them. In a bowl place the mushroom caps and drizzle a little olive oil to coat the caps.
- Warm 2 tbsp olive oil and add the chopped mushroom stalks and minced garlic, salt, pepper and paprika. Sauté until the moisture from the mushrooms have evaporated and you have a relatively dry mixture.
- Combine the mushroom mixture with the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, and thyme. Taste for salt and adjust accordingly.
- Sprinkle salt in the mushroom caps. Then start stuffing the mushrooms. Place the stuffed mushrooms on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with paprika. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until mushrooms are sizzling and cheese is slightly browned. Serve warm.