Saffron pistachio ice cream is a classic ice cream flavor in India called Kesar Pista, which translates to Saffron Pistachio. A delicious flavor combination that’s perfect after a decadent Indian meal.
About the recipe
Used to be I could only find this flavor at Indian grocery stores or at Indian restaurants and ice cream parlors. But now with my easy to use ice cream maker, making Saffron Pistachio Ice Cream at home has become a breeze. The twins and I love making new and creative ice cream flavors over the hot summer months and this is one flavor combo that I wanted them to try.
Saffron, honey, toasted pistachios a winning combination
This insanely popular ice cream flavor called kesar pista which means saffron pistachio is by far the most requested ice cream flavor in India. What makes it so delicious is the delicate saffron flavor along with the crunch of toasted pistachios. A sweet, creamy fragrant ice cream that’s truly a hit in any Indian home.
Saffron Pistachio Ice Cream
makes 6-8 scoops
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup honey depending on your sweetness level
- 1 tsp saffron threads soaked in 4 tbsp warm milk to release their flavors and color
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted pistachios. I bought salted roasted pistachios and used those.
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp warm milk
- In a mixing bowl whip together cream, vanilla, and honey until well blended. Add the saffron milk and mix-in.
- Pour the saffron cream into the ice cream machine. Wait till the ice cream starts to thicken slightly, then while the machine is churning add chopped pistachios (reserving 1 tbsp to use as garnish for later when serving).
- Wait till the ice cream thickens and then transfer to a container to freeze.
- Saffron Pistachio ice cream is ready! Serve garnished with chopped pistachios.
8 thoughts on “Saffron Pistachio Ice Cream”
Looks tempting. Perfect for the summer days.
This ice cream is super easy to make Basanthi. Give it a try.
I must say you have very interesting content here.
Your content should go viral. You need initial boost only.
How to get massive traffic? Search for: Murgrabia’s tools go viral
You have inspired me to buy an ice cream machine! What’s the make and model? I want to make ice cream at home from now onwards! Sounds and looks delectable.
You are in luck! By far the easiest ice cream maker ever is on sale- Cuisinart and it has an extra bowl too! I had to buy the extra bowl on my own. https://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/cuisinart-ice-cream-maker-extra-freezer-bowl/?pkey=e%7Ccuisinart%2Bice%2Bcream%2Bmaker%7C149%7Cbest%7C0%7C1%7C24%7C%7C1&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH
It is looking yummylicious…Perfect combination pistachios and saffron..
I tried your mushrooms in creamy gravy and it turned out grea. Wonderful recipe!
Thank you so much Kalpana for trying Methi Malai Mushroom..This means a lot to me..I can not express my happiness..